tv quality

MONITOR SETTING:

You'll find you can't set it lower because you haven't set the 3rd monitor to a TV output, only a monitor.

ATI cards I know for sure have a TV output option thats quite accessible from one of the menus. Check under Monitors, and TV should be selectable if its plugged in right.

HDTV:
720 res:

As of HDTV, they don't have to be that expensive, and whatever HDTV you get, you know there at least going to support 720p (Theres 420 which is like standard, and then 720 which is the lowest HD form)

Basically 1280x720 on a monitor.

1080 res:

The really expensive ones at the moment are the ones with 1080i/p support, or otherwise known as 'HD READY' TV's.
Thats like a super high resoloution, with 2 million pixels by about 1 million pixels.

In monitor terms, thats like setting it to 1920 x 1080. My UNI flat panel won't even go that high.

Though truthfully, for games, etc, I think 720p will give a better picture. Its something to do with the pixel amount being more balanced on that setting.

i have a Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000, im using the S-video out into my Samsung 26" HD Ready TV, im getting crap quality from it though, ive tried as much as i can to fix it, the text is hardly readable, and i get lines scrolling up and down the screen, ive got all the latest drivers for my nvidia chip.
any help would be appreciated, thanks.
chris :p

Back
Top Bottom