tv inspector guy came

mammikoura

Golden Master
ohh god.

The doorbell rang.
I was a little sick so I didn't even feel like opening the door but I still did it. (stupid me, like always)

There was this tv inspector guy. I don't know if u guys have to pay this kind of stuff, but we need to pay ~200€ every year for our tv licence.
Well I don't want to play crap like that, so ofcourse I hadn't paid them anything.
So the discussion went like this
1=tv guy
2= me

1. So u haven't taken care of ur tv license payment yet?
2. ummmmmmm. no I have not.
1. Well then let's take care of it right now right here.
2. (at this point I totally froze) umm, but I don't live here? (what was I thinking?)
1. but u do live here. (good point)
2. Well yes, but I don't own this place so I can't sign anything. (a small brake) and I don't even have a tv. (ofcourse the tv was open all the time :D, but I know he didn't see it and don't think that he heard it either)
1. Well u take this form and fill it, when u send it to us u can win a dvd-player.
2. Okay.

and then I closed the door. I know that I totally screwd up. If I just hadn't frozen in that one part I would have done fine. And I almost never lie to ppl (only in situations like this and a few other rare situations) so I'm not that good at it.

But I think that I'll be fine. Since they can't make me pay unless they have evidence that I have a tv. And it's going to be damn hard to prove it if I don't let them inside. :p But I think that a relative of mine might pay it because this apartment is actually his.

Just wanted to tell u guys.

we only have to pay because crappy BBC wont put adverts in to pay for there shows etc so they charge the public instead for watching

i think we should be allowed toe choice to not have bbc1 and 2 and just stick with 3 4 and 5

and freeview/sky if you have it

135791 said:
we only have to pay because crappy BBC wont put adverts in to pay for there shows etc so they charge the public instead for watching

i think we should be allowed toe choice to not have bbc1 and 2 and just stick with 3 4 and 5

and freeview/sky if you have it

I totally agree.

That 200€ we are supposed to pay goes only to 2 channels. And the other ones use adverts for money. And on top of it all those 2 channels the money goes to are the worst ones there is. There are almost no shows that interest ppl who are under 50 years old.

I only watch the Hockey world championships. A little bit of Olympics and 1 exellent show, which they show once a week and I usually forget to watch it.

And I am supposed to play 200e for that!^ I know I'm not gonna pay, and I don't want anyone else to pay it for me. But damn I freaked out when that guy came. I knew it might happend, but I just wasn't expecting it and that guy caught me so off guard. :(

you have to pay to own a tv?!?!??! thats just crazy! do you mean for cable or something? cuz they cant make you pay for cable just take it away if you dont pay...

No, in the UK, they have to pay a television license. From what I understand, it basically pays for BBC in place of advertisements. And yeah, that's pretty lame. I don't watch much TV though, so it wouldn't really affect me. Hmmmm.... if you just use your TV to play videogames, do you still have to pay for the license?

you need a TV license even if you move to Canada...

and the license money pays for all BBC services...
TV, BBC 1 + 2, BBC parliment, BBC3, BBC4 BBC News 24, BBC Radio 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1extra, the Asian radio and TV stations.
the BBC News sites, and other sites, (like the radio websites)...

it's paid for massive investment into Digital TV, tat really pushed the boudries of what is possible...

However, the Licensing People (who are not the BBC) can't do anything to you unless they can proove you havea TV..

detector vans are innaccurate, (so Don't worry, even if there is one on yuor doorstep and letters are comming through the post).
Licensnig officials cannot enter your house without the oplice and a warant,
and you have the right to ask them to go away at any time.

A tactic that is used to try to get them to invite you in is to talk loudly about the situation on the doorstep, with hopes of embarrasment will mean them letting you ni, (Balif officals without court orders do the same). -This is harrasment and intimidation...

Also it's an offence to look though your windows to try to se if you have a TV, (invaision of privacy).
Surprisingly, the law is very much on the side of the License fee dodger...
Until they get a court order to inspect our house... find a TV and then Fine the ass off of you!!!

Nw be a good boy and pay for that License, I'm sure you frequently use at least one of the sites/services/technologies it's paid for, or will in the future...

that must stink lol. get a tv tuner or something lol. wait does that count as a tv? man they are cruel over there.

wow, here in the USA, you get tv for free, all you need is a tv and an antenna on your roof. Of course, I have Directv (satellite dish) so I pay 35 bucks a month but I have like 250 channels.....lol

Back
Top Bottom