TV for the PC

brooklyn8

Beta member
Hey I was wondering how to get some good quality TV on my laptop. I know this kid in my dorm that was able to do it but am not sure myself how. I really don't mind playing a little either.
Thanks

A TV tuner acts as an intermediary between a video/audio source (TV antennae, cable box, Playstation, Xbox, DVD player, etc...) and a computer's video card. Different TV Tuner cards have different inputs. The one I use in my PC at home has Analog coax, Digital coax, Composite and S-Video inputs. I use the Composite inputs to connect to my cable box or Playstation. I use the application that came with the TV Tuner card to tune to the Composite input and watch TV. Some cards support Windows Media Center, but it is really difficult to get that to work unless you buy a preconfigured system. If you want to use an antennae to pick up broadcast TV signals, then you'll have to run a scan in the TV application to set up each channel. Much easier to use a cable box and tune to an AUX channel (Composite, in my case).

Back
Top Bottom