Tv Commersials

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that nobody here likes tv commercials and why do we have them? Are tax money probably goes into some of the commercials. Tv would be alot better without commercials. Movies wouldn't last 3-4 hours instead of 1-2 that are on tv and 30 minute shows would last 15 minutes. So they could show 2 episodes of that show in the 30 minutes instead of commercials.

simple, commercials pay for the shows we watch or at least they are supposed to with free to air TV. it disturbs me the number of ads that are on pay tv now though. i was at my friends house watching foxtel and they have a crapload of ads in Australia. what's the point in paying for a service if they go and make money from advertising anyway?

actually half hour shows have a running time of 20-24 minutes :p

Actually...most shows that I've timed are nearly precise with a 2:1 minute ratio, being 2 minutes of show per 1 minute of commercial time.

I like the entertaining commercials as well, but they are rare...very rare.

I record shows I want to watch, and made a small program for Winamp that I use in conjunction with my PVR remote...just pre-configured to skip x seconds... 210, 180, 60, 30, 15, etc. Again, with a lot of shows, it seems the first commercial break is 1 minute, and thereafter it is 3 minutes.

Somewhat interesting...but yeah, down with the commercials...I'll Google the ones of interest. :p

I've noticed an anoying trend were by some networks air shows at a considerable lower volume level than the commercials, its extremely anoying, especialy with those shows that are constanly going from quiet to loud driving you to keep the volume up to hear the quiet scenes.

Vormund said:
Again, with a lot of shows, it seems the first commercial break is 1 minute, and thereafter it is 3 minutes.

exactly. most of the hour long tv shows that I record, I can watch in 45 mins after I FF through commercials.

It couldbe worse, just imagine your watching your favorite show when one of the characters stops and gives a plug mid scene for some ed pill

Lol, advertising during a show, man would stargate get bad If when they took off in a ship, they made remarks to promote popular airlines, or when they were in the mess hall there were logos in the background promoting name brands.

Consider yourselves lucky you don't have to watch the BBC. They can't advertise, so they "inform" you of all their other channels and radio stations for about eight mins between Progs! (they don't split the progs though, i guess!)

b0dge said:
Consider yourselves lucky you don't have to watch the BBC. They can't advertise, so they "inform" you of all their other channels and radio stations for about eight mins between Progs! (they don't split the progs though, i guess!)

I hear there is some TV tax though, so wouldn't that pay for uninterrupted programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom