turn off logon password in windows 10

bigdan

Daemon Poster
i hate the login screen on windows 10. it'd be fine if it was that simple. but often my computer gets stuck on the login, i see a blank screen, it gets frozen, all sorts of issues.

so i went to user accounts to turn it off. this computer used to belong to my dad so in user accounts i see his name and mine. in users his email is highlighted, the the checkbox 'users must enter a password' is *unchecked* surprisingly. i tried clicking my email but i cant change the selection.

both of us are marked as an admin.

can anyone advise how to turn it off?

Yes, it is possible to configure the user to log in automatically, but this is only possible if there is one user. When there are more users, Windows always tries to open the last user's account. If you were the last user and someone else comes after you, Windows will still automatically sign in to your account. But probably you don't want anyone other than you to open the computer will be automatically logged in to your account.
I recommend that you fix the computer or provide each user with their own computer. Then there are no problems, and if you're sure someone unknown can't use your computer without your knowledge, you can set up automatic sign-in for yourself. But still anyone, who can find Your computer, will always automatically logged in with Your account data.
So, think, do You really want that.

Yes, it is possible to configure the user to log in automatically, but this is only possible if there is one user. When there are more users, Windows always tries to open the last user's account. If you were the last user and someone else comes after you, Windows will still automatically sign in to your account. But probably you don't want anyone other than you to open the computer will be automatically logged in to your account.
I recommend that you fix the computer or provide each user with their own computer. Then there are no problems, and if you're sure someone unknown can't use your computer without your knowledge, you can set up automatic sign-in for yourself. But still anyone, who can find Your computer, will always automatically logged in with Your account data.
So, think, do You really want that.
that did not make sense. :confused:

OK, if you think so.
Since this thing is quite long and I can't post it all here as needed or as should be posted, I created for it a separate page on my own websait.
One more note - if you search for it on the web, you will most likely find a number of outdated guides, namely since Windows 10 (version 19041H1) or 2004, Microsoft made one change and you may get into trouble with old guides.
My version has taken this into account and also pointed out how to proceed now.
So, You can find it from this url, but remember the problems what may appear, if there is more than one user.
Code:
https://astron.heliohost.org/forum/index.php?/topic/36-how-to-login-without-password-in-windows-10/&tab=comments#comment-38
-----------------------------
Note - this forum no longer exists because the hosting server began to impose restrictions on server usage, such as banning Cron Job, bandwich, and some more very needful services. So I don't have no forum there currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did more or less the same on windows 7 im only person that can use the laptop i got i think i over used the repair and last used tho as now i cant even get past the login screen not even Prompt_ im unable get to im a very new internet user

Back
Top Bottom