Trying to reconnect to the Internet

cam721

Beta member
After Restoring my laptop back to it's original factory settings (I did this to clean up my hard drive) I am trying to reconnect to the internet via our Charter DSL service. My problem is that I misplaced the CD for my Netgear WG511T Wireless PC Card. I tried downloading the drivers from Netgear, but all I am getting is errors. I must be missing a step or two? Can anyone help me out?

welcome to computerforums!!! make sure you also have downloaded your network adapter driver's.....i reinstalled windows xp on my dell, and had no network driver after....i had to go to dell's website on a friend's computer, download the network adapter driver onto a cd, and put it on my computer before I could get online...

what errors are you getting?

Yeah, tell us the errors you are getting.

The installation software you downloaded should work unless there is something wrong with the card.

I would have thought factory settings would have kept the drivers... anywho errors would be handy. I have often downloaded the Netgear Drivers for installations that I've done and they always work great. I did get the wrong one once though have you made sure its right?

Back
Top Bottom