Trying to Install XP, after install reboot no drive found

d5332

Beta member
Hi all, I cant seem to find an answer on my own so maybe someone here can help me.

I purchased a harddrive from newegg.com. IDE ATA drive. I installed it and trying loading XP on it. It loads XP, I assume because it does not error out. It asks me to select a partion to load the OS and I do. It goes all the way to say the install is done and the system will reboot, remove the media that was used.

After XP install, the computer reboots and takes me to a screen that says no primary nor secondary drive found.

If XP install is not failing then what am I doing wrong?

I also installed XP over and over and pick the partition and overwrite it with the new install and nothing, the same final screen, no harddrives found.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have the hardrive in your boot list in the BIOS? If your boot list does not contain your hardrive it will act as if it is not there.

Any idea how I can ensure that the harddrive is on my BIOS boot list?

Do you have the hardrive in your boot list in the BIOS? If your boot list does not contain your hardrive it will act as if it is not there.

Go into your BIOS and in one of the tabs to the right of your screen (forgot what they are called) you should see something labled boot order, or boot devices with a list of devices under it. Make sure that the Hardrive is listed.

your BIOS may look a little different than what I have told you, but I think you'll be able to differentiate.

Yeah, I am almost certain I did that, it has a drop down selection. I am almost certain the harddrive is there because it says 80001gb, I put in an 80g drive. The problem i see is that it does not let me select the 80g, it's in the drop down but it defaults to blank.

Back
Top Bottom