trying to install program crashes computer

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I'm trying to install autocad 2000 and every time it crashes my computer.

It happens when clicking through the cd to get to the setup.exe file. occasionally it will launch and I can get through setup until it tries to copy files then it crashes again.

Occasionally I'll get the BSOD and a few times it just freezes.

Here is the stop code:
0x000009c (0x00000004, 0x8054d5f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

And under that it says:
wdf01000.sys adress b2000000 base at b1fde006, datestamp44738f2

Any one? I NEED to get autocad or some other 2d drafting program on my computer. I NEED to be able to read .dwg files. This doesn't happen with any other CD. I'm also running the installer in compatability mode for 98//ME. I've done this before, its just this reformat is being a butthead. I've tried before updating, then after. Like 20 times each time.

Give it to me. I'll have it running on the 32bit 7 beta here while it will continue to see problems installing on XP or Vista? there.

That will do it! I just had to replace a dvd burner here that should have lasted a lot longer. I remember when the old ide burner lasted for years while a new sata lasts only several months? :(

Have you looked at TurboCAD at all? I was considering running that here but needed some options for 2D, 3D to consider. That's an updated software rather then staying with the old stuff you may want a look at.

Back
Top Bottom