Trying to find a laptop for under $650

Ok are they more reliable then the Gateway?
Plus which one is more powerful? Is the AMD more powerful then the i3? Or is difference here too small to matter for her?

No, the i3 is more powerful. I think even a similarly-clocked Core 2 Duo would be more powerful.

However, Asus definitely makes more reliable notebooks, and its dedicated HD4570 puts the i3's integrated IGP to shame. It also handles GPGPU technology. The Turion aided by the 4570 will be much faster than the i3 alone in things that support it.

On the debate of Gateway reliability, I have a Gateway I bought on sale on Newegg awhile back. I didn't really want to get one, but it was the only thing with a C2D in the price range and it had lats better specs as well as a backlit keyboard. The touchpad is the only thing I hate about it so far. That and Gateway support never gets back to you. I was trying to replace my backspace key. Ended up getting a non broken one off ebay.

On the debate of Gateway reliability, I have a Gateway I bought on sale on Newegg awhile back. I didn't really want to get one, but it was the only thing with a C2D in the price range and it had lats better specs as well as a backlit keyboard. The touchpad is the only thing I hate about it so far. That and Gateway support never gets back to you. I was trying to replace my backspace key. Ended up getting a non broken one off ebay.

My grandparents bought a Gateway a little while back. Worst computer ever.

The only component that still works is the case.

My grandparents bought a Gateway a little while back. Worst computer ever.

The only component that still works is the case.

Lol if it fell apart that'd be funny :D
Alright guess I'm going to tell her about the Asus.

Back
Top Bottom