Trying to avoid a bottle neck

Fisher

Fully Optimized
hello!

i plan to up date my system to directx 10. im going to wait till vista has launched and the new ati cards are out and competeing aginst the nvidia ones.

i was looking at a core dual system, but to afford a decent new cpu, mobo and new ram was abit out of my price range. i am going to buy a top of the range nVidia/ATI card in Febuary/March but im affraid i might have a bottle neck in my system with it but im not sure. what do you lot think? will my current system have a bottle neck? i have enough money to update to a 64bit athlon 4800+ and then i can overclock it. will that be enough to avoid a bottle neck? or would getting a lower spec dual core setup be better? or if a AMD2 setup can use the ram i have at the moment would that be better?

I have spent alot on my computer in the last year and dont want to spend anymore stupid amount of money on it in the next year. i want to be able to play the latest directx10 games with all the trimmings. my budget is strechable but as i siad i dont want to be spending anymore moeny than i have to and if i can get away with just spending £250 on a new cpu and £400 on a new cpu then that would be great!

I feel there will be no bottlenecks at all. You're running a fine system now and DX10 should run great with what you "currently" have. That's my opinion though. It's always nice to run dual core. That's what I'm planning to build next year for Vista and DX10.

I agree with TRDCorolla. The only thing you might want to to is upgrade your processor. . . You could get any of these for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom