TrueCrypt's Disappearance

What was the extent of their dictionary though? I have a 10 digit numeric dictionary and it's 99GB. An alphanumerical dictionary made to crack these kinds of passwords has to be in the terabytes of size. Not something somebody with a measly little 680 can spare.

I tell you the truth, I have used true crypt, and I still do.. I have used it on Win XP and Win7 systems, and it has served me perfectly well. My current system is fully encrypted using True Crypt and has a minimum password of 10 caricatures I trust no one and I never will were technology is.. I never have done.. Look at the previous thread I just posted in about X Box Kinect Spying on you, and then Microsoft has the cheek too publicly declare that's its all market research and helping develop bigger and better titles.

Tom Cruise - Minority Report ring a bell anyone.

I have nothing too hide, but if SOCA did come knocking they wouldn't get anything out of me, I swear too God they wouldn't. I would be awkward, up tight, say nothing, listen too everything and be watching everything they done type of person.

The whole point of the Internet is open Public communication, but being a Paranoid ****, I like some privacy and no way am I getting Xbox 360 or Xbox Kinect or decrypting my system for any ****** .

These Corporations are fighting a new battle of the Digital Information age and you DATA and privacy is key too them making Money threw Market and Publicly targeted audiences in the 21st century.

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter.. Their all in it together IMHO.. The battle lines will be still being drawn in 20 Years time, because that's just technology.

What about Facebook Timeline, End-User happiness or an investment for them with your private DATA, thus being out grandchildren in 80 Years time, will be able too see us and how we were when we were young..

Sounds like a Conspiracy too me hear.. "Its **** **** ." The only privacy people have left is whats in their heads and thus being their own thoughts.

If Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Twitter were too merge, their would be Chaos in the world of the Digital age, and the 21 Century Global Internet.. Why should I discuss whats interesting in my Life with Facebook.. Only reason I put statuses up is too provoke a reaction out of people.. I have never check in at "My Cosy Bed" before and hopefully I never will..

My two cents.. It is not just the NSA. Most apps now days require you SSN, Bankd Card # and any dirty photos you have of your GF....

The masses don't care or understand just what is accessible. I work with people still on dial up and when windows locks and they have to enter their password it's that damn internet! Or their slow speeds are attributed to the ****ty service they have. Not the 30 toolbars, malware and viruses all skimming info off of their machines..

Fact is until the mainstream cares about sh** like that the corps will continue to do it and so will the GOVT.

I think they could have dropped it b/c the NSA wanted a backdoor. People forget but the US GOVT is operating with gag orders... Only a few truly can answer why. How many here do not question the security of everything? If you don't why check to make sure all the software on your computer is updated and patched? Normal users do not lol.. Wanna know how many I talked to still running XP just yesterday.. sorry for the rambling but thanks for the good discussion

That is misleading though. :D It only ends 2 of the many programs that we know about. We only learned(govt only admitted to them) about those b/c they were leaked-
End of the day once these programs were leaked they were shuttered and renamed. This is nothing new in covert ops. Just being caught with their hand in the cookie jar was. (them being unfunded prob helps fund the new programs lol)

This action does not require the NSA to change any of it's practices. Just find new ways to do it. I am sure it came with a stern warning not to get caught this time.

Would hate to be an employee there.. gotta be worse than flying!:omg:

(them being unfunded prob helps fund the new programs lol)
Pretty much.

That article also states

U.S. made tech products....
does such a thing exist?
A lot of software is made in the US, but most hardware for anything is made outside of the US. NSA isn't necessarily interested in the hardware, but the software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think they could have dropped it b/c the NSA wanted a backdoor. People forget but the US GOVT is operating with gag orders... Only a few truly can answer why. How many here do not question the security of everything? If you don't why check to make sure all the software on your computer is updated and patched? Normal users do not lol.. Wanna know how many I talked to still running XP just yesterday.. sorry for the rambling but thanks for the good discussion.

Whats wrong with XP running the latest Service Pack, hot fixes & updates along with genuine security too protect them selves.. This is not a sarcastic question but a serious one, I still enjoy XP for the security and simplicity despite being technical minded. I don't have endless amounts of tool bars, banners, adverts, and all my software is up too date. I my self question the security of everything my self, and look in too it, even if its posting stupid question on the forums for Good Minded folk too answer.

Whats wrong with XP running the latest Service Pack, hot fixes & updates along with genuine security too protect them selves.. This is not a sarcastic question but a serious one, I still enjoy XP for the security and simplicity despite being technical minded. I don't have endless amounts of tool bars, banners, adverts, and all my software is up too date.
I lol'd.

You realize since XP was around for so long, it's not only had to patch up more holes than you count, but still has holes that are unpatched, and will never be patched since XP is now EOL and no longer receiving security updates from Microsoft?

I my self question the security of everything my self, and look in too it, even if its posting stupid question on the forums for Good Minded folk too answer.

If you're that worried about security, then you should get off of XP and move to Windows 7 at least. Or, even better, move over to the Linux world because it's a less targeted platform, so there are fewer known vulnerabilities and more secure because it is also open source so vulnerabilities are patched/distributed sooner.

Doesn't matter to much anymore; it's been forked and a full-on audit is going on to fix any vulnerabilities found. It'll then be re-branded as something other than TrueCrypt and released with a new license.
--Following TrueCrypt's bombshell advisory, developer says fork is “impossible”
TrueCrypt developer withholds permission, suggests "starting from scratch." --

Following TrueCrypt’s bombshell advisory, developer says fork is “impossibleâ€￾ | Ars Technica

Back
Top Bottom