True or false

ehh, well... in my current computer, all ive upgraded are the GPU, PSU and RAM. It came standard with 1 gb of RAM. I upgraded it to 2 gb for the mere price of 130 dollars. I upgraded from the standard 300 watt PSU to a 580 watt one for the price of 60 dollars. And my Radeon X1650 Pro cost me 165 dollars. 3 upgrades. total cost without system: approx 360 dollars. the system itself cost 450. total cost: around 800 bucks. and i am quite certain that this computer could give a more expensive one a run for its money, but that depends on its brand.

this baby was upgraded for sheer gaming performance. and thats what it gives me. :)

however, i do believe the processor can be better. im not going to OC it, and im not going to buy another one, because it works fine for me most of the time.

and to add some more: i plan on buying an Alienware Aurora mAlx laptop with maxed out specs. i just need to get the money for it. i might also wait for the geForce 9 series cards and get one of those for my desktop.

True or false: It is better to buy a 400 dollar computer and upgrade or to buy a 1000 dollar computer and possibly not get what you expect?

well, it's hard to answer seeing as that is a multiple choice question, and not a true or false question. aside from that, if you have 1000 dollars to spend just build one and that would be the best.

Don't ever buy a $400 computer and think you can just upgrade a couple things and have it be as good as a more expensive machine. Because the fact is, to get the computer down to $400, they use cheap parts, most of the parts they use are cheap. My advice for your friend would be to build his own.

Back
Top Bottom