Truck Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
Last night on my way home from work my main belt for my 2001 Dodge Dakota slipped off. It got me home, barely, extremely hard to turn w/o it on.

I tried putting it back on this morning. There's a map on the front of hood. But I can't seem to get any tension on it. Should I just have it get towed to a repair shop and just buy a new belt and have someone put it on for me?

Are you sure you have it going over the tensioner pully? Usually you have to put a tratchet in the tensioner pully and rotate it forward or backward then route the belt. Or the tensioner pully itself may be damaged. They aren't that hard to change just make sure you get the little notch in the groove on the engine block, otherwise you will damage the new one.

Well i had it towed to a Repair Shop, and the belt wasn't the only thing messed up. My water pump came loose as well. Now I'm $500 in the hole.
darkevil.gif

Sux to be you. :D

Yes Trotter it does suck to be me right now. I just talked to my insurance company and there going to cover $400 of it. So it's not that bad.

I don't know why they are. I'm just happy they are.

I went to go golfing today, got to the golf course and my front driver side router was smoking it up and it smelled real bad. Luckily the repair shop i go to was only about a minute away from the golf course.

I can't wait until i get a working non broken truck.
th_chainsaw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom