Trouble with WoW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiLd_JoKeR

Beta member
Ok... so... i bought WoW and when i try to open it up... i get this message:

Your 3D accellerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accellerator card with dual-TMU support

so im not the biggest genius when it comes to computers... but i suppose this has something to do with my video card? any help with fixing this? or am i just stupid and missed something....

You need at the least a Geforce2 card ro run WoW. If you want a cheap way out you can purcahse a Geforce4 mx4000 on Newegg.com for under $40. I'd recommend spending a little more and upgrading to a Geforce FX series card or a Radeon equivalent, even a low-end one will net you a good performance gain.

Thats pretty sad though. Wow's minimum requirements are ancient. No offense. Ya, so buy a 40 dollar card 64 mb and put it in your pci slot. You should be able to run WoW at low settings.

hahha! different types of video card play different types of games. Like example for a good graphic for source and hl2 u need like Radeon 9800 pro. You will have too see the detail box see if what items are require there.

WiLd_JoKeR said:
Ok... so... i bought WoW and when i try to open it up... i get this message:

Your 3D accellerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accellerator card with dual-TMU support

so im not the biggest genius when it comes to computers... but i suppose this has something to do with my video card? any help with fixing this? or am i just stupid and missed something....

Firstly, what is your current video card?

Secondly, are you using the correct or latest drivers for it? Not these Windows Default Drivers.

From what I have seen of WoW, you do not want to have any thing less than a nVidia GeForce FX5200 128Mb Video Card.

Unfortunatly, if you all ready opened up the box for WoW, then it's highly unlikely that you will be able return the game from the place you purchase it from.

na im willing to buy a new video card... not planning to attempt a return

from what i can tell my current video card is a: NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT

the only thing that looks to be a problem is that its like only 16 mb though... so i am pretty sure thats gotta be the problem... considering on WoW the box says 32mb minimum i think...

lookin at one of the $40 one off of newegg that jorsoft03 mentioned

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom