Trouble with New Computer !

jamesin

Solid State Member
i just built a new computer but it wont even turn on, one out of hundred clicks it turns on and nothing shows up on my moniter

my specs:
amd 64 3200
radeon 9600 se
corsair xms hyper speed 1gig
nec dvd rw
seagate 80 gig harddrive
msi neo plat mobo

i really need help plz, btw i did check if i pluged all the wires right and there is a blue light blinking next the the power button :confused:

My first thought is something might be shorting out. Double check that your motherboard is on stand-offs and absolutely nothing is touching the case. If this looks good, remove everything(drives, sound if it's not onboard, use one stick of RAM if you can, etc) and see if you can get a post screen. If you do, slowly rebuild it.

Oh, and is that flashing light constant? I had a computer with a bad powresupply once, and the light just flashed every so often.

i dont think its the bad psu b/c i have a 480 antc trupower but thanks for your reply ill go ahead and try the things you told...i hope thats the solution so i can go and play rome total war :D

ive trried what you said other_one, im still having the same problems this is getting frustrating :(

jamesin said:
i dont think its the bad psu b/c i have a 480 antc trupower but thanks for your reply ill go ahead and try the things you told...i hope thats the solution so i can go and play rome total war :D

well every so often even a reputable company like Antec would have a psu that is faulty, even if they usually make really good one (and belive me, they do).

ima go to some computer guy and ask him to assemble it for me and see what the problem is because im getting impatient

yeah sounds like a good idea usually its too hard to deal with a problem like that over the internet.

hope it wont be too much to get my comp fixed

thank you guys for all your inputs :)

Back
Top Bottom