trouble regarding disk space (not adding up)

denhans

Beta member
Hy, I've been searching like crazy over this. I have a 240gb HDD disk with windows 10. I have 17gb Free but when I select all my fales in explorer or run a disk utility like WinDirSTat or Sapcesniffer I get the same result and showing 100gb used.

I have disabled windows recovery I'm running a desktop PC wich I build from scratch, so no third partie backup systems, partitions...

I do run a NAS server and read that there is a CSC folder withing windows wich could be huge in space, but no acces prevents it from showing up. I granted me permissions and went into the folder and it was empty Pagefile and hiberfil take up around 10GB.

In the picture wich shows the windows storage under "overige " (wich is random in english) it shows 70GB, but in detail it does not... So there is something. But I dont know what to do now...

any help would be great (please scroll down on the link (above part is white ...sorry)

https://ibb.co/SQykdPd

small update,

I use acronis true image, and deceided to try and set back an update.
I reverted back to the last day (so the problem was there already) and now I have 120gb free...

So it's "solved" but I guess it will come back. So any thoughts on this matter would be apreciated

Back
Top Bottom