Trouble installing Sound Blaster Live! on Windows 98 SE

Is it for retro gaming only? I built a build from left overs and installed Linux and Emulation Station on it. Linux distros have the tendency to identify any hardware you throw at if it's not something rare. The interface alone is so attractive to have it over a Windows computer if kid friendly is in mind as it can be set to start with boot like a gaming console. Imaging building your own retro gaming console. Just power on and play.

Is it for retro gaming only? I built a build from left overs and installed Linux and Emulation Station on it. Linux distros have the tendency to identify any hardware you throw at if it's not something rare. The interface alone is so attractive to have it over a Windows computer if kid friendly is in mind as it can be set to start with boot like a gaming console. Imaging building your own retro gaming console. Just power on and play.
I have installed some games and multimedia software I had. Anyway, I ended up getting the sound (and bundled Creative software) working, so I'm not too concerned about the little details at the moment. I might consider using a Linux retro emulation system in the future though. (Not sure how some newer emulators would run on a 600mhz P3 though!)

In my book retro is Sony PS1 and below. I believe that P3 600Mhz is way more than enough to run that with a decent 32GB OpenGL/DX8 video card or maybe less. Either way I think PS2 emulation and above are still far from being compatible/good enough even if some games do run well.

Back
Top Bottom