Trouble hooking up 2nd monitor

DVI_Connector_Types.svg

Ok, I am back. I want to firstly apologize for not see'ing this image before. I had internet problems and my phone didn't display this image and I also couldn't upload anything.

Anywho:

My graphics card has one (1) DVI-D (Dual Link) and one (1) DVI-I (Dual Link). My cables are both DVI-D (Single Link).

What do I need to be able to connect them both? A converter or am I just being dumb?

Thanks for any replies.

edit: P.S. I also made the mistake of calling the DVI-D (Dual Link) a VGA, that was my bad.

Last edited:
Hi, am jon I see your problem I had the same problem when I was thinking about hooking up two monitors.Just go to ebay and look up dual monitor adapters the adapter will go on the differant one there small and they just hook on well I hope this well help good day tech rules!. leave me a thanks if you want.

Dont believe what this guy says. There are no such things as dual monitor adapters. Its just simply plug both monitors into your graphics card and then one monitor should come on and then you should be able to right click desktop and go to screen resolution and then you should be able to change the properties to allow dual monitors. But make sure you are not plugging your monitor into your onboard port because it will be disabled.

Also you should just be able to plug them in and not have to buy any adapters.

Dont believe what this guy says. There are no such things as dual monitor adapters. Its just simply plug both monitors into your graphics card and then one monitor should come on and then you should be able to right click desktop and go to screen resolution and then you should be able to change the properties to allow dual monitors. But make sure you are not plugging your monitor into your onboard port because it will be disabled.

Also you should just be able to plug them in and not have to buy any adapters.

Yea... I am hardware illiterate but not that bad. But thanks. And yea, I did plug both of them in initially and saw no option whatsoever. Oh well, I will continue playing with it and see if anything else pops up.

Ok well I am sorta stumped as far as what to do for this problem. Its a lot easier if I were to see it in person and get my hands on it.

Just to make sure, the beginning part of my last post WASN'T Directed at you :p

Thanks for you're help regardless ^_^

Back
Top Bottom