Troubble with installing a OS

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
Troubble with installing a OS PLEASE HELP

I have a 97 Gateway with Windows 98 and i want to upgrade it to Windows XP Pro SP2 and when i was installing it when it got to preparing installation and when the copying installation files load bar was full it stopped at 58 minutes remaining and never changed but the 5 lights at the bottom were still loading and the descriptions of Windows XP was still changing so i let it run for over 24 hours and the same thing was still going on so i need some help i dont know what to do.

Thanks, Mike

I have a 97 Gateway with Windows 98 and i want to upgrade it to Windows XP Pro SP2 and when i was installing it when it got to preparing installation and when the copying installation files load bar was full it stopped at 58 minutes remaining and never changed but the 5 lights at the bottom were still loading and the descriptions of Windows XP was still changing so i let it run for over 24 hours and the same thing was still going on so i need some help i dont know what to do.

Thanks, Mike

a 97 gateway...? as in 1997...? what are the specs on that computer...? it may not be able to run XP...

CPU, RAM, Hard Drive space, etc....

233mhz PII? That has to be a typo, I have a Gateway from 98 and it has a 733 PII. If it is 233 mhz then you won't be able to run xp on that. The 733 runs xp fine though.

Back
Top Bottom