troppix

im running ubuntu properly now. it pwns :p .... visual effects are nice aswell. only problem is the sound is really quiet and i dont know what i can use for msn. any ideas?

im running ubuntu properly now. it pwns :p .... visual effects are nice aswell. only problem is the sound is really quiet and i dont know what i can use for msn. any ideas?

GAIM or pidgim instant messenger will work

If i remember correctly, GAIM is built into Ubuntu. Only probs i ever had with it was getting wireless to work.

wireless worked straight off. i downloaded amix or something and it installed gaim. everything seems all good but i need to sort out the sound. im back on xp now, feels wierd :p

I love ubuntu. And have you installed Beryl? It is awesome. And if you are having graphics trouble go to system>administration<restricted drivers manager. Enable the graphics drivers.

wireless worked straight off. i downloaded amix or something and it installed gaim. everything seems all good but i need to sort out the sound. im back on xp now, feels wierd :p
I wish my wireless had, i use a cisco wireless card and its not supported by linux

Hey raffaz were you using 6.10 edgy eft or 7.04? 7.04 just came out the 19th. THey said something about supporting more wireless cards.

It would have been the 6.10 version, its a few months since i tried it last. I dont think there are drivers for it tho, even cisco says so. I might take a look at it when i get time tho.

whats byrel or whatever you called it lol?
and i downloaded aircrack and kind of got it to run trough the terminal. it was doing something but they it would just stop. i want to know how to crack my own wep/wpa code, for testing purposes of course :) ... and any other cool things i can try out. ps remember im a linux noob

Back
Top Bottom