trojan virus

mlgntlg

Solid State Member
I have a dell vostro 1000 that has a trojan virus and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried system restore, going through safe mode and deleting it, and have had no luck. I cannot even open task manager with this thing.

Any ideas how I can get this computer back up and running?

matt

Try running this: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It's free to use and is one of the best anti malware programs available. I would suggest turning off system restore before scanning. Trojans like to hide out there and repopulate once you reboot.

I have tried running a v-scan and identified it and said it removed it but it was still there (thanks norton), I tried to install the v- protect listed and the computer stops if from being loaded. I have been able to turn off system restore. Would reformating the HD do the trick and if it is possible how would i go about doing it.

matt

Firstly.. Try Avast Anti-Virus.... If that is not working... Download TRK burn it to a cd, once it boots up.. Type "virusscan".. If you have to choose to force mount the drive... That will scan it... Otherwise, try a boot scan with Avast...

Back
Top Bottom