trojan problem

BigV

Baseband Member
hey guys i seem to have a problem. i came back from school and cheked my comp (i leave it on to download) and it had some sort of trojan in it and my bakground was blue with the trojan info and to run spyware search etc/...i restarted my comp to see if that will help but nothing. i ran a spyware check with microsoft anti spyware and spybot search and destroy and then used etrust to run a virus scan. none of the programs detected anything. at this point i was like sh*t my comp is f*ck*d. anyways i went on control panel to change my background cus it was annoying but i couldnt see an option to let me do this. all there was was screen saver and settings ?? i have no idea what to do next so i would appreciate it if you guys could help me out here
thnx, bigv

hi and welcome.

Don't format yet ... Create a new user account and take it from there .. make the new user account an admin by the way ... if you have the same problem get back to us!

but if i make a new account wont the "hacker" still be able to acces files and such + also there might be a keylogger also involved so he will have usage over the new user too?

well try all the usual,

virus scan with updated signatures.
spyware scan
process list using Hijack this.

you'll find something that isn't meant to be there, and that is a very likely candidate for what is wrong.

The same exact thing happened to my computer on Thursday. I managed to get rid of the blue screen with the trojan's name that replaces the desktop, but now I have a blank, light blue screen, but I did manage to get rid of the trojan. I still haven't gotten my desktop, taskbar, start menu, etc. back. In Google, search for 'Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c'. You should find something to help you get rid of the trojan itself, but other than that, I still don't know how I'll ever get my desktop, taskbar, and start menu, etc. back. :(

RockRoyalty868 said:
The same exact thing happened to my computer on Thursday. I managed to get rid of the blue screen with the trojan's name that replaces the desktop, but now I have a blank, light blue screen, but I did manage to get rid of the trojan. I still haven't gotten my desktop, taskbar, start menu, etc. back. In Google, search for 'Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c'. You should find something to help you get rid of the trojan itself, but other than that, I still don't know how I'll ever get my desktop, taskbar, and start menu, etc. back. :(

i see welcome to the forums :)

nice answer

Back
Top Bottom