Trojan on Windows 7

Baseband Member
hey guys! I have a problem. When I downloaded a program from a trusted site, it gave me a LOT of trojans. I am dual-booting Windows 7 and Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Please tell me if there is a way that I can fix Windows 7 thru the use of Snow Leopard.

Thanks!

First of all, if it was a trusted site, I would report that trusted site

Thanks for the quick response, and I can't find the site now... like it was temporary for when I was there o.o

Then it wasn't a trusted site... A trusted site would mean its been up for a while, has gotten good feedback, and has had thorough checks. Even you would have known that.

Only thing I can suggest is to run some good anti-virus software to get rid of it all.

I doubt unless anyone has produced software to do it, that a anti-virus built off an Apple OS will be able to see the same Trojans built for a Windows machine as they aren't really meant to be dual booted as such.

I don't know of any tools you can use through Snow Leopard, especially since Apple says that Spyware/malware/trojans "don't happen" on a Mac. :p

Boot to your Windows 7 install in Safe Mode and run this software. It's pretty thorough, like taking one of those SOS pads to a pot, so beware that it can have unintended side effects, but it is very VERY good at removing nasties. A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

Ok I booted into safe mode, installed MalwareBytes and the Trojan is gone (THANK GOD...) but now I can't connect to wireless networks. It doesn't matter where, because I have tried 3 places and after running network diagnostics, it said "could not automatically detect proxy settings". I don't have any proxies...

First, reset your ie settings. Do this by opening control panel > internet options > advanced tab > click on reset

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom