Trojan Menu.exe?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Was'nt too sure were to put this, But put it in here, its mixed question(s)

Now my bro borrowed a CD(rom, normal ..not dvd) and we both found out(thanks to me! and my anti-virus)
That the disc had a little bugga of a Trojan, i call it a little bugga as i have my ideas about things,

1. Some trouble maker who is a geek(smart ass) must of planted it on the disc(its borrowed like anyone can get it, at a lib')
So would some random person done that? Is it easy to do?
The person who put the trojan on the disc much of been a smart cookie too because you no what they did, when we went to open the disc it wouldnt start!It was located in the Menu! A menu .exe! ?
My bro and myseld tried and tried diffrent things, but just gave up,
Now my bro being the smart ass that he thinks he is, trying to 'out smart me' say'n that he'll just burn it to another cd........ O.O
I told him it will still have the freak'n trojan on there!
But nooooooooo he thinks otherwise :rolleyes:

Please tell me im right for a change!?

1. That the trojan will still be there, even if my bro burns onto another cd, the trojan will still be there!! It wont just go(unless you can somehow get into the cds files.. find it and remove it which who knows who to do?!), when burning/copying the disc the files and get copyed sooo... therefore the trojan will go with it!
Yes?
2. So would some random person done that? Is it easy to do? Who to get rid of it or find out more?

Thanks guys, i really want the disc, its guitar leasons! So i want it :D

~G.G

1. If the trojan is attached to a file when you copy the CD it will go with it.

2. I don't think the person meant to, it was probably on there computer when they used the CD. As for getting rid of it i don't think there's a way i'd tell the place where you got the CD that it's bad and maybe they can get another one for you.

Hey Geek_Gal.. ;)

Okay, now here we go.

1) The trojan will in fact remain on the disk if he chooses to burn another one.

2) Another file can not so easily plant itself on the CD by mistake. Someone very well probally did it to the CD, and it'd be *very* easy to do so, but they probally used another CD, unless its CD-RW, which the library shouldn't use anyhow out of sheery intelligence. If it wasn't CD-RW, he can not write another file to a CD.

Viruses wouldn't just spread to an open CD though.. you'll realize that when you'd like to burn a file to a CD, the O/S requires you to actually burn it (not just drag and drop and its on it already.. it needs to be burned!). So, I don't see it likely that this was a mistake.

Also, the fact that its a TROJAN, I don't find it to be a mistake as trojans are not as likely to spread as viruses, at all. Trojans act as a backdoor, leaving a port open on your computer and act as a server. With another program called a client, someone can connect to that open port and do things to your vulnerable PC.

Do a scan, and remove the 'trojan' or better yet, server, from your PC.

By the way, it takes absolutely no skill what so ever to do any of this. Its called a script kiddie who uses tools that aren't their own to do things, including trojans, crackers, ect. Their not classified in the same field as hackers or in some cases, crackers, who have more knowledge with computers and programming.

This could've very well been a 7 year old kid.

Bahawolf said:
1) The trojan will in fact remain on the disk if he chooses to burn another one.

2) Another file can not so easily plant itself on the CD by mistake. Someone very well probally did it to the CD, and it'd be *very* easy to do so, but they probally used another CD, unless its CD-RW, which the library shouldn't use anyhow out of sheery intelligence. If it wasn't CD-RW, he can not write another file to a CD.

1. I knew it! It makes sense doesnt it lol?! I did tell my bro! gah! :rolleyes:

2. Yep, i thought so,
Didnt think it was a mistake, and i knew a virus is easy to spread and all and is diffrent to a trojan..
Oh and it is a rom so im not too sure(getting little confused again lol)

Never said it was a hacker per say, and i do know the diffrence, just i knew it was someone who had done it, but how come they made it so you could open the disc to play? So your saying thats not smart? lol Well how the hell can i open it! lol Its very frustrating you see! So please excuse me its just puzzling! :confused:
And now my bro has the disc so its hes fault only that hes most likely got it now, hah! I did warn him but im a female he dont listen to me! -.-

I did a scan and got rid of it from my comp(no thanks tho my bro! gah)
But server? No idea, please enlighten me? Im dumb!
How do i no i got it and its going on?? I have ideas but as i said im dumb lol

Thanks you guys, thanks also alot Bahawolf you no alot :)

(hope that all made sense) :eek:

Back
Top Bottom