Trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.JVP

Liminator

In Runtime
One day when I turned on my computers monitor I saw a "Virus Detected" alert from AVG Resident Shield. So when I click Move to Vault it says "Access to the file has been denied.".

Any ideas as how to get rid of this? I have a Hijackthis log but I don't know how to post it. Thanks.

I would try going into the Virus vault hit "Files by name" Find the name of the virus or Viruses and then up top hit wipe I think what this should do is either Deleate the file and the virus all together or it will try to clean the virus from the file...
Give tha ta try and tell us what you got ok :)

Right now it says the Virus Vault is empty. Also the window thats pops up called "Auto-Protect Results" has Action as partial.

And for some reason, my Norton Anti-Virus hasn't said a peep while AVG is just bombarding me with warnings about it.

Well I restarted so it hasn't popped up yet, but I think the directory was something like C:\System Volume Information\ and something about System restore.

And how do I boot in Safe Mode?

when restart the computer tap F8 (i believe its F8, someone correct me if i'm wrong) and that will bring you into safe mode.

if you know the directory you can go into it and delete the trojan file, then wipe it from your recylce bin.

Liminator said:
And for some reason, my Norton Anti-Virus hasn't said a peep while AVG is just bombarding me with warnings about it.

Well I restarted so it hasn't popped up yet, but I think the directory was something like C:\System Volume Information\ and something about System restore.

And how do I boot in Safe Mode?

Yeah, I did some googling and found some info about your particular trojan, nothing on how to get rid of it though. Yeah, it is in the system restore folder, which means it will reemerge after every reboot unless you turn off system restore. Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore - System Restore Settings - Turn Off System Restore.

You get into safe mode by holding down F8 as Windows is starting up, a screen will come up with a list of options, highlight Safe Mode and press enter.

If you have restore turned on, your little varmit is hiding out in the restore files. You will have to disable restore and run your scans.
NOTE> And do read this. Disabling restore will delete the restore files.

Back
Top Bottom