Trivial? Yes, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrscientific13 said:
Thanks, I didn't know until now. I sure feel like I've been doing unnecesary work.

Yea, that's what I was thinking when I read that. I didn't know that either...

FireFox said:
Yea, that's what I was thinking when I read that. I didn't know that either...
Same here, but it still works in 2.0 so it doesn't matter where the button is for the people who use middle click.

003 said:
Your kidding right? That feature owns! You can easily close a tab without having to open it or right click on it, perfect for when there is something naughty up and somebody walks in the room. Also the spelling correction in firefox 2 owns. I used to use opera, and yeah, it used a little less resources, but I hated the way the bookmark bar worked and that side pane that opened up if you click the side of the screen. I want back to firefox and never looked back. And 2.0 uses less resources than 1.5.

Let me get this straight, it's perfect for when you have somethnig naugty up, so you want to have scaling moving buttons instead of one statioary button on the right? MIDDLE CLICK THE TAB TO CLOSE IT.

double clicking the tabs in avant closes them.......so yeah, in essence there's 4 different ways to close the window

1. Small X on the tab
2. Normal X in top right
3. Middle clicking
4. Double clicking

I've also noticed that the close-button-on-tab is really handy when using my laptop with the touchpad. I have a Inspiron 9300, so I don't have a middle click.

The General said:
But one thing that I like about Firefox 2.0 in Linux is that I get the middle click "scrollability" thing. So now I never have to use the scroll bars, which are useful just for displaying how long the page is.
Did you have to enable this somewhere? It's not working for me

you can change where the close buttons are if you look through the preferences.

I also have the problem of having to push enter after clicking a link in the address bar.

Greg said:
Did you have to enable this somewhere? It's not working for me

No it just worked ... The only extensions I have installed are AdBlock Plus w/ Filterset.G Updater, Tabbed Browser Preferences ... maybe it's tabbed browser preferences? I'll try and figure it out when I get home. Look around in the settings, maybe I changed a setting and forgot about it.

Crysalis said:
you can change where the close buttons are if you look through the preferences.

I also have the problem of having to push enter after clicking a link in the address bar.

I found out that this is a problem with the Tabbed Browser Preferences extension, so if you don't have it, install the new version, and if you do have it, try disabling it.

I don't know why you guys are complaining. I'm using the new Firefox 2.0 under XP Professional, and it works great. Fast, smooth, and really easy to use.

The General = Stop using Linux! Support the big man!

The General said:
I found out that this is a problem with the Tabbed Browser Preferences extension, so if you don't have it, install the new version, and if you do have it, try disabling it.

Mhum. I'll confirm that as I also figured that out yesterday, but didn't feel like sharing my conclusion. :p I'm a Sith -- I keep all knowledge to myself. ;) Or maybe I'm just too lazy to share....heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom