Trilinear Optimization ? What Does IT DO

jrsons601

Baseband Member
Trilinear Optimization?
Will that affect my performance in games alot... because on my 6800gt drivers its on and I was wondering if I turned it off would it give me a huge fps boost. Would it make my games look like crap? Just wondering what would happen with out it and what it accualy does... thanks CHEESE JR

well, you could just try it... trilinear optimization.... hmmm im guessing that it would probably make it look worse (turning it off), .... just try and if you dont like, switch back
:p

Ya well i was just wondering if like anyone would know then true affect of it. thanks tho

lol, no problem, sorry for the annoying suggestion. i know ppl do that all the time :p , well its still a possibility. trying it will take up a lot less time than finding someone who knows everything about trilinear optimization

I found this from this site that might help:

"The last two options are Trilinear Optimization and Anisotropic Optimization. Trilinear Optimization should always be enabled. It'll provide better performance and image quality, both of which are pluses. Anisotropic Optimization, on the other hand, would probably hurt your framerate a fair bit. We'd recommend leaving this off."

http://gear.ign.com/articles/554/554744p3.html

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom