Trend, Sophos and McAfee flunk Vista SP1 anti-virus tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewc1307

Formerly known as BuggyVeyron
Top tier anti-virus vendors including McAfee, Trend Micro, and Sophos all failed to secure Windows Vista SP1 in recent independent tests.

Virus Bulletin, the independent security certification body, said 17 of 37 anti-virus products tested failed to reach the VB100 certification standard. McAfee VirusScan, Trend Micro Internet Security and Sophos Anti-Virus overlooked threats known to be in circulation. Other vendors whose products failed to make the grade included Alwil, BitDefender, Norman, PC Tools, and VirusBuster.

Worrying huh?

I'm not a bit surprised by McAfee, that AV is one huge steaming pile imo and has been for years. Trend surprised me, though. I thought it was supposed to be pretty decent. I was also surprised that AVG pulled it off--pretty impressive for freeware. It's still the best freebie out there and is better than most of the paid stuff, too.

I think free has stopped at 7.5 and if you want 8.0 and up you must pay. They may make a free version of 8.0 soon, but I aint for sure. BTW, I have only been able to find there free versions by doing a google search lol, can't seem to find a link on there downloads page to take you to the free one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom