TravelScout is a GO

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

dammmmnnn I would love to have that for a bush truck and for some summer cruisin'!!

and FFS prodigy why go into that? With infinite money you could always make something better but the beauty of this is that he had an incredibly small budget and a lot of pride that got this thing on the road and looking like it does which I think looks great!

Also I was wonderin Arriz, what's your state laws for "road-worthy" vehicles? Does this truck meet those specs (or even come close)?

Wow! I saw this thread by Arriz and I got excited haha. Nice work man, I can't want to see it painted. And then covered in mud.

What I really need is a rear bumper. I gotta make one myself. We'll see what I can come up with. But yeah I am stoked for paint, and then fixing all the minor stuff to make it look good and everything.

God I am excited to take it to the boggs this summer

Why not a step bumper? I'm sure you could find a small one in a junk yard.
Then some one could stand on the back bumper and hold on to the roll bars.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

dammmmnnn I would love to have that for a bush truck and for some summer cruisin'!!

and FFS prodigy why go into that? With infinite money you could always make something better but the beauty of this is that he had an incredibly small budget and a lot of pride that got this thing on the road and looking like it does which I think looks great!

Also I was wonderin Arriz, what's your state laws for "road-worthy" vehicles? Does this truck meet those specs (or even come close)?

Lol thats right. It took alot of time but its getting there :D

As far as far as coming close... Not really. Tires stick out to far, no mud flaps, seats arent even bolted down (though its old enough im exempt from seat belts) it still needs to get legally put in my name. Then I gotta license and insure it. Licensing and insuring is my biggest concern, ill risk the other stuff lol

Wow! I saw this thread by Arriz and I got excited haha. Nice work man, I can't want to see it painted. And then covered in mud.

My buddy is doing body work (never been a real fan of that) for me and its almost time to paint it. So far the hood is done because that doesn't require and metal work lol

Why not a step bumper? I'm sure you could find a small one in a junk yard.
Then some one could stand on the back bumper and hold on to the roll bars.

Well im out of money for the moment and we have metal laying around. I definitely want to do a step bumper though.

that is a nice ride right there. Whats nice is it can fit in a single parking spot. With my dad's truck it takes up two tandem spots unless you wanna stick out a few feet. I'd hate to have a crew cab with a 8' bed because then you could ONLY fit in two tandem spots.....

When did you get a 5.9L for it? Didn't you tell me before you had a 4 cylinder?
Looks really good man. Can't wait to see the new paint job.
What's the gearing like in these things?

Well, the original engine is a 4cyl. But when I got the Travelall I swapped the frame axles and entire drive train. That travelall truck had a 345 engine in it so that went with the swap under the body.

I cant wait to see the new paint job either, its a work in progress lol. Were still doing body work I will try to have a few more pics tonight.

Gearing? Well D44 front and back at 4.09 I think so its a little high for my liking with these tires I wish I had 4.88 gears but it costs to much to regear so ill deal with this for now. Its still god a ton of power and just wants to let loose. I still have to fine tune the carb and stuff but it starts up every time with out a hitch now.

I am pretty pissed though I paid 40 dollars for a rebuild kit for my master cylinder and I rebuilt that. All was good but I still have a tiny leak. No big deal now, but some day again I am going to have to take it all apart and hone out the cylidners. Which sucks because its a wasted 40 bucks

Well, the original engine is a 4cyl. But when I got the Travelall I swapped the frame axles and entire drive train. That travelall truck had a 345 engine in it so that went with the swap under the body.

I cant wait to see the new paint job either, its a work in progress lol. Were still doing body work I will try to have a few more pics tonight.

Gearing? Well D44 front and back at 4.09 I think so its a little high for my liking with these tires I wish I had 4.88 gears but it costs to much to regear so ill deal with this for now. Its still god a ton of power and just wants to let loose. I still have to fine tune the carb and stuff but it starts up every time with out a hitch now.

I am pretty pissed though I paid 40 dollars for a rebuild kit for my master cylinder and I rebuilt that. All was good but I still have a tiny leak. No big deal now, but some day again I am going to have to take it all apart and hone out the cylidners. Which sucks because its a wasted 40 bucks
Ah, that thing will be a powerhouse then. What kind of axles does it have? Are they interchangeable with anything common. For like an 8.8" rear, it would be easy to get gears, but I'm guessing they aren't so common with an international axle. 4.09 should turn 36's fine though with a V8. How common are parts for an engine like that? Seems like an expensive build in the long run.

I wouldn't say a waste of $40 is anything to be upset about

coulda went to something else.....

Ah, that thing will be a powerhouse then. What kind of axles does it have? Are they interchangeable with anything common. For like an 8.8" rear, it would be easy to get gears, but I'm guessing they aren't so common with an international axle. 4.09 should turn 36's fine though with a V8. How common are parts for an engine like that? Seems like an expensive build in the long run.

Well the axles are front/rear dana 44s. So its not like their uncommon. As far as axles...... well I have leaf springs all the way around. So its a damn near bolt on to anything the same width.

as far as the engine parts.... VERY uncommon. But I am lucky there is a die hard international cult a few hours north of me so there should be an abundance of parts there if I asked on their forum.

As far as how expensive... totally depends what direction I take it. If I do a full on restore it will get just stupid expensive. I could never afford it anytime soon. Fixing broken things? Well if the engine goes its next to worthless, or anything else for that matter. Like if I grenade the xfer case then ill give up lol. But the xfer case is divorced so thats actually an easy fix....

Back
Top Bottom