travelmate 240 vga memory change,.........

wormix

Beta member
i have a acer travelmate 240.
the vga memory is onboard, it just uses the system memory.
it is at 16mb just now but can go up to 64(or 32)cant remember offhand.
(256mb system memory)
the problem is that i cannot change it, put it up.
i have tried the properties everywhere.
in the bios it shows the memory but when moving cursor, it skips the memory bit. i have tried everything.
i have updated bios, but no luck,
new graphics driver but no luck.
any know what i could try next.

i am quite good on computers to try not to state the obvious, i have probably already tried it.
thanks

---------
woop woop

I dont think it would be a good idea to fiddle with onboard graphics, go out and buy a decent graphics card. If you can even change it then it would be in the bios... But i think the 32mb and the 64mb thing may just be talking about AGP card that it'll take...

Answer...you can't adjust the memory for an onboard graphic card for a laptop.

You just can't. That is one of the biggest downside of a laptop.

Killer, your sure chasing up on posts huh. I got 2 emails in like a minutes, all you!

Yeah; Laptops are not safe to fiddle about with anyway and like Killer said its not possible anyway for Onboard Graphics. I don't think theres a way anyway to upgrade graphics on a Laptop - sorry.

However, if you want a new laptop that can do a very good job handling games and has a kickass video card, which can be replace and finally have an extra $3200 laying around then you are in luck. Like my run-on sentence?

Because Alienware has broken all molds when they came out with their laptop. They are FAST, EXTREME and has an UPGRADEABLE video card option. How cool is that?

Just look at the specs and the options for this bad boy.

http://alienware.com/Configurator_Pages/area-51m.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AREA51-M&SubCode=SKU-EXTREME

Later.

Back
Top Bottom