trasnfer files wirelessly, over wifi (workgroup)

hmm i mean that is a fix, but i dont want to do that. I want to be like somewhere in my house and want to be able to just go into my massive "MY Videos" folder, and just be able to access any of the files, i dont want to have to go back to my desktop and move the file there if i want it transfered. I know this is possbile, cause I had this set up before with my laptop!. where i had both my videos on both computers, shared. and i could just access them and move whatever i wanted.

make sure you have the folder permissions set correctly and that the permissions are applied to all the files inside

Right-click > Properties > Sharing. Click on Advanced Sharing
check share folder and Click the “Share this folder” check box, and then click Permissions. Make sure everyone is selected and make sure fule control is selected

hmmm they werent checked off before, I just changed them now, but i just tried to access my desktop from my laptop and it still says access denied when i try to go int othe "my videos" folder. btw i still cant even see my laptop from my desktop @ all.

Ah, I see what you mean... And the whole permissions thing should have worked... Guess Microsoft just sucks at making Vista compatible with XP (I've seen so many issues I'm beginning to think I'll just use XP forever, or hope that Windows7 is better).

Back
Top Bottom