Transparent Paper

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Printing white on transparent paper

When i use photoshop and print on transparent paper, the white never comes out. I want certain sections to not be transparent, but rather be white. However when it comes to print, it simply does not use white ink.

I can think of two reasons why it's doing this. My printer isn't equipped with a white ink cartridge, (since most paper is white, doy), or theirs a setting i need to change. I'm hoping is the latter of the two. If their is a setting i need to change, does anybody know what it is?

PRINTER: HP Photoshmart 8400

I'm afraid printers simply don't print white. Not that I know of.

Kage said:
I'm afraid printers simply don't print white. Not that I know of.
That is correct sir.....printers do not have white ink. Inkjet printers use 4 different colors to get the color combos that they print out, Red (or cyan), Blue, Yellow and of course Black. Since most paper is white, they just simply don't print that section when there is something white, that is why you are seeing the clear sections when it's supposed to be white.

I would try using a shade of gray that is Very close to white, and see if thta will make the printer recognize it as a different color

Erik said:
I would try using a shade of gray that is Very close to white, and see if thta will make the printer recognize it as a different color

ya that would probably work. i bet if you look hard enough you could find a printer that prinst white.

I was afraid so. I'll try the offwhite idea, but i have a feeling its going to be a light shade of gray thats still transparent. These are for school badges (big problem with adults claiming to be teachers and coming into the school and using the facilities such as the weight room, and pool).

Rather then send it off to a company to make, were going to use some left over transparent paper we have and press them onto blank pvc's, and give them to teachers. Total cost per badge, 25 cents :p

Back
Top Bottom