Transferring low res AVI's and MPEG's to DVD-R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element 115

Solid State Member
Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right section, so if it isn't I'd like an admin to move it to the correct one.
Any who to the question. I have some AVI /MPEG's on my computer, however I am trying to get them onto a DVD. The problem here is that these files are VHS rips, and the quality is low. If you want me to be more specific, these files are WWF Raw files, which were recorded in 1999-1998. Most of the files are 512x 384. I remember watching wrestling when it was still in SD, and it looked good. I tried transferring the file to a DVD-R, I played it in my Xbox and it had a lot of lag. Any help appreciated in getting these files to a DVD with good quality. If it cost some money, I will take a look into it. It's just that I really want these on DVD's so there always around, and I know people have the original airing's on VHS, and it looks better then when I transferred it to DVD. If you need to know more, just comment. Thanks ;D
Edit; Btw, there has to be a way to do this. WWE has released DVD's that include moments from before they recorded in HD, and it looks fine.
My main thing here is that I want to move all the episodes from my computer to a DVD so I can watch them on my TV whenever I please. Just adding here, WWF didn't roughly start using the DVD format until 1998.
Going to ask a similar question down the road, but I think it's better if I get one answered at a time.

The duplicate will only be as good as the source. Are the VHS tapes in bad condition? How did you record them from VHS to .avi's?

Also, if you're just going to watch them on your Xbox... why not just put them on a flash drive and play them off of that instead of burning DVD's? Flash drives will have a higher read rate for your XBox than a DVD would and may get rid of some of the lag issues.

If you would rather burn them to DVD still, then I would do it right and use something like ConvertXToDVD.

Hey bud, well I can get it onto a flash drive but these episodes are about 700mb's each and there's a bunch of them a year. On to the VHS tapes. There not my VHS tapes, they were downloaded. The video is watchable though, it's just a low res.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.
Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.

I know for a fact that they have released a lot of old WWE Raw episodes on DVD that you can purchase. Since you did not record them yourself and have downloaded them, that makes them pirated and against our rules to assist you with.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom