Transfering songs to a new iTunes account without authorization of previous account?

Lunapod

Beta member
I currently share an iTunes account with my family and would like to make my own, however I have ~1500 songs that need to be transferred. I've read about the method where you transfer the songs and then use your old account to authorize them to be played on that computer, but I hesitate to do that because I would lose all my music if somebody else on the old account accidentally deauthorized my computer. I checked and all of my music is DRM free, so if I uploaded it using something like Sharepod would that remove the need for authorization? I'm looking for a way for the old music to basically become part of the new account, similar to if I had uploaded it from a CD.

I use a PC with Windows 8.1, I currently have iTunes 11.2.2.3, and my iPod is a 120GB Classic.

If the songs are DRM free, then you shouldn't need to authorize it at all. I would advise you to transfer a handful of songs (5-10) and test them on the new machine. If they don't ask for authorization, then you're golden. If they do, then it's just tied to your iTunes account. All you need is the password to authorize the device, so you shouldn't lose anything.

Diskaid is a software i used to get music off of a few friends apple devices. It can get music, photos, videos and allow you to import the music into any itunes library and sync to another device. I have hundreds of gigs of local media because of Diskaid. Back then i spent 30$ on it.. now it looks like its 40$ and the name changed to imazing (https://imazing.com/)

I'm confused about what's happening here. If it needs to be transferred from the iPod to a computer, then yes, Diskaid, Senuti, etc would be good. If he's just trying to authorize the computer to play the music, however, there shouldn't be an issue seeing as it's DRM free. Just sign in with the account.

I'm confused about what's happening here. If it needs to be transferred from the iPod to a computer, then yes, Diskaid, Senuti, etc would be good. If he's just trying to authorize the computer to play the music, however, there shouldn't be an issue seeing as it's DRM free. Just sign in with the account.

Could argue that it's technically not DRM free then, but rather the DRM is the account :p.

The old school way around DRM used to be burning to a CD and then re-ripping using different software to basically bypass the DRM lol.

Could argue that it's technically not DRM free then, but rather the DRM is the account :p.

The old school way around DRM used to be burning to a CD and then re-ripping using different software to basically bypass the DRM lol.

^^

I think diskaid and such software have similiar-to-CD effect in this sense because I know for a fact some of the media I got from friends apple devices had content purchased on itunes.. and using Diskaid to transfer that media I didn't even think about licensing/DRM. I think its a shady area legally and for the forums rules lol.

Kinda an old thread you dug up here....5yrs?
Besides, it.savefrom.net uses Java and that is going to be gone in the very near future.

I had almost the same troubles when I wanted to transfer songs from my old account. Another thing was that I wanted to use iTunes on my new laptop, Windows 10 x64. Fortunately, iTunes guides on the official Apple website helped me to fix this problem. But in order to prevent further problems I started to read various tutorials about iTunes usage on PC, especially on Windows 10.

That's how I found a good guide about changing backup locations on this operating system. I've learned that the best way to change iTunes backup location is through poweshell windows, changing some details. However, I think that apple should be more sensitive towards microsoft users.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom