Toyota Matrix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what "great" gasmileage is, but nowadays, it seems to be 30's and 40's... and this is supposed to be new technology!! the 1971 VW Bug I had went between 40 and 60 mpg... depended on direction of wind. that's nearly 40 y/o technology!! and reliable as anything I've ever owned... even at almost 300k miles!!!

must of been well maintained

new one I'm building I'm hoping to pull out towards 80mpg... that's still a long ways off, but I'm getting every mod on the market to add (still working on building it tho, so not much research yet)

like what kind of mods?

i watched a mythbusters episode where they tried doing all those gas saving mods and not one of them made the improvement the companies promised (if any improvement at all)

I saw that one too. no, what I am doing is seeing if I can increase airflow directly to the carb and to the cooling fins (doesn't this sound pc-techish??), and seeing if I can mod a fuel reduction unit to run with the VW. I am going to do some fiberglass work to bring a "scoop" from the rear passenger windows to the vents at the top of the rear deck lid. beyond that, custom lubing everything, and i'm researching some fuel additives and possibly even alternitive fuels

apparantly cars run good and even *better* with used cooking oil.
(again, from the MB episode).

im not entirely how good on the engine that is...but...if it's not harmful it's a great idea.

I don't know what "great" gasmileage is, but nowadays, it seems to be 30's and 40's... and this is supposed to be new technology!! the 1971 VW Bug I had went between 40 and 60 mpg... depended on direction of wind. that's nearly 40 y/o technology!! and reliable as anything I've ever owned... even at almost 300k miles!!!

Yeah and they had like 10hp. I used to beat the **** out of my old civic zipping around at 8000+rpm every day and it was still running like a champ when I sold it. Recently ran a 14.7 1/4 mile as well, which certainly isn't fast...but its not slow either for a FWD 1.6 liter.

Anyway, the only decent one is the one with the 2zz-ge engine. All other models are dog slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom