Tower

Yes, with 12 more feet to spare.

May I suggest a cheaper case and a 5870 instead if your other computer specs are decent?

I should say so. That case is pretty huge. My only concern would be if the power supply cables are long enough to be out of the way. I have a 900 and the cable going to the CPU is kind of short so it runs right over the top of my GPU.

i would say that the 4890 will play any game, no matter what. and is kinda over kill.

the 1200 is a fantastic case, mine holds everything and then some.
IMG_3139.jpg

my original heat sink and fan have since been replaced with a Cooler Master v8 and i still have macho room.

it also has great places to hide wires.
IMG_2716.jpg

cell picture, but shows the newish v8 cooler, and how much room it has inside still.
0916091833.jpg

1006091025.jpg

but the tower is rather large, but if thats not a con to you, all the better.

great review of the antec 1200 case
EDIT:
to put the case size in perspective, that monitor is 22in and the Vizio is 37in.

Yes, with 12 more feet to spare.

May I suggest a cheaper case and a 5870 instead if your other computer specs are decent?

Why recommend a 5870 when a 4890 can play everything out on the market? can you really tell the difference between 80 FPS and 140 FPS? Didn't think so. Crysis is the only reason to get a more powerful card, but anyone building a computer for that crappy game is just wasting money.

Why recommend a 5870 when a 4890 can play everything out on the market? can you really tell the difference between 80 FPS and 140 FPS? Didn't think so. Crysis is the only reason to get a more powerful card, but anyone building a computer for that crappy game is just wasting money.

I suggested it.

Besides the price difference why would anyone want to invest in older technology?

Why'd you purchase an i7? Explain that and then apply it to why I'd suggest a 5870.

I suggested it.

Besides the price difference why would anyone want to invest in older technology?

Why'd you purchase an i7? Explain that and then apply it to why I'd suggest a 5870.

How is a 4890 older technology? It's still a brand new card and fresh on the market. It's more than capable of playing any game on the market well.

I purchased an i7 because I edit videos and pictures. It's 50% faster clock for the clock in editing than it's AMD counterpart. If there was a chip that performed similarly and was cheaper, I would buy it. There isn't a huge difference is the 4890 and the 5870 that can be noticed. So your question is worthless at explaining your mentality towards purchasing a 5870.

I apologize, I've never looked the 4890 specs over. Looking at the specs I notice the only real advantage 5870 has over it is directx11 and higher fps at higher resolutions (I didn't know 4890 had display port either).

I'll think twice before suggesting something from now on.

I apologize, I've never looked the 4890 specs over. Looking at the specs I notice the only real advantage 5870 has over it is directx11 and higher fps at higher resolutions (I didn't know 4890 had display port either).

also if i may point out,
some 4890s can be OC'd past 1Ghz core clock.

I didn't mean to come off as a dick. I usually take suggestions pretty seriously around here. Especially for first time builders. Once you look at reviews for all the cards, the information sticks in your head.

also if i may point out,
some 4890s can be OC'd past 1Ghz core clock.

What is it with you and the 1GHz overclock? :D

Back
Top Bottom