Totally serperate xp user accounts?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well on my computer, I have my main account, but I also want to to have a second account. A backup account. And I made this second account, but, its the exact same as the first one. Sure the desktop icons arnt their. But still, it uses the same program files. I want a toatlly seperate account, where I take what I need, and put it on this other account. I dont want them to share, I want them to be totally sperate. Anyone have any idea how to make them totally seperate?

hhmm... i guess it's all about the installation process option you may have when you are installing a software,some software asked you if you use it on the current user only or on all user. I'm not just sure if it is possible that you could totally seperate program files you have from one user to another.I think XP could only do that on the private files the user has.

yes maybe you could try it. are you aware of the software called virtual PC or VMware? you might trying those software if you want. VMware is good when you are doing a programming job. You might experience that when you are installing different language in your PC at a time,sometimes the dll or ocx conflict arrives. in VMware,you can install a different language without harming your original configuration.

if you REALLY want everything seperate, the only thing I can think of to do is setup a dual boot between two installations of XP.

Personally i'd make one for 2000 and another for XP.

Well.. I just want to back it up, so a virus can only screw with the user that I mainly use..

I don't think you could protect yourself in the idea you have because some virus can spawn everywhere in your hard drive.

Looks like it. Because the computer has the one drive, and that shows in My Computer, it cant like hide the information from it if you know what I mean.

Maybe buy a cheapy HDD, and slave it, put another copy of XP on there, or just backup everything on it.

I dont know, depends what you can be bothered doing!

Back
Top Bottom