Toshiba NB205 won't boot.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
How goes it everyone?

I have someone's Toshiba netbook that I'm trying to fix for them. It's got me a little stumped:

They gave it to me and said it won't boot. I thought hey...no big deal. Corrupt OS...virus...whatever...no problem. Fixed a million like that.

Well..I bring it home and turn it on. It goes through BIOS, goes to a black screen...end of the show. No cursor, no error message, no nothin. So I hook up the external CD drive, tell the BIOS to boot from that and I pop in my Windows 7 Ultimate install disk. Same thing...black screen, that's all she wrote. No flashing CPU activity light, no CD read light on drive. No nothin. I verify the BIOS settings about a dozen times, try my BART CD, nothin. Tried takin the battery out and just running off AC. Still nothing.

I'm really starting to think this is hardware. If the drive is dead or if the OS is corrupt or something like that, you get an error message or a hang boot or something. This doesn't do ANYTHING...not even a white cursor on the black screen (like when you delete boot.ini...lol). Also, it baffles my as to why the thing won't boot to disk. It just sits there...

Anyone? Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom