Toshiba A215-S4747 Parts help!! Lock claw??

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
Ok, my new laptop got dropped off my dresser by the dog getting tangled in the power cord, The only thing that broke was the lock claws on top of the lcd screen. So now the laptop will not lock when closed. I can't find the claw parts, can anybody find them or direct me to the place to buy them???

Thanks!!

I'm not sure what you mean, but when I dropped my laptop once, the lock thing was VERY hard to move, it was practically stuck, I had to open up the LCD bezel and mess with the springs/track.

The lock claws got screwed up- One broke off completely and the other bent bad, the laptop will not lock when closed now.

Check eBay, or contact Toshiba and ask them where might you go about purchasing the parts.

Yea.... Here are some pics............

DSCN4580.jpg

DSCN4583.jpg

that would be a hard fix , might have to unscrew the screen . even if u can get the parts.

otherwise u could get a couple of these
big-1.jpg

that would be a hard fix , might have to unscrew the screen . even if u can get the parts.

Unscrewing the screen is the easy part.

If you can find the clip anywhere on line, buy it and unscrew the screen bezel, then replace it just the way the old one was on. I'm pretty sure eBay should have little laptop parts.

Isn't that built into the monitor? If it is, your only option MIGHT be to replace the monitor. I would call Toshiba and find out.

Isn't that built into the monitor? If it is, your only option MIGHT be to replace the monitor. I would call Toshiba and find out.

I don't think so, it looks like a peice that rides inside spring loaded. I want to just order the part and work on it myself... Should not be that hard, I just rebuilt a older laptop and it was cake.

Back
Top Bottom