torrent downloading?

serpentracer

In Runtime
is it illegal to even download torrents such as music, movies etc? I notice torrent sites want you to register and that seems like a bad idea to do.

since we all know the stuff is all copyrighted. so why/how do sites get away with allowing it to happen?

It's illegal to download anything copyrighted. However, downloading torrents is not illegal so long you're downloading something that's not copyrighted (or something that's copylefted). The use of torrents cannot be prohibited for the reason that not all torrents are illegal.

is it illegal to even download torrents such as music, movies etc? I notice torrent sites want you to register and that seems like a bad idea to do.

since we all know the stuff is all copyrighted. so why/how do sites get away with allowing it to happen?

If you are worried about authorities coming after you, they normally trace it through your ip rather than any information you may have submitted when registering.

I was just wondering how any site for example btjunkie is allowed to provide the link to copyrighted material. I'm not downloading anything anymore. I did a few songs and one video. but now that I realize how much trouble you can get into it's not worth it. plus these people go through a lot of trouble to make these movies/songs etc etc.

Yeah i stopped the torrent stuff a while ago. Mostly because I have a guilty conscience- not that I am super scared of getting slammed with a lawsuit...

but- with hulu and stuff like grooveshark Im pretty much satisfied.

Plus netflix is super cheap for what you get.

Id check out that stuff before I go the torrent route again...

Coming from a university- P2P or Torrent programs are used quite a bit on campuses for legitimate reasons. Companys do track illegal downloads and sharing through the IP's, and send notices to the service providers. Usually at first it is just a warning, but it can escalate really easily.

Back
Top Bottom