Tornado year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
In my part of the US, Missouri, we have been hit by an unusually high amount of tornadoes this year.
The destruction is astonishing when you drive by and see the uprooted trees, the caved in houses, and the shattered brick walls.
When you read about this in the news, or see it on T.V., it doesn't have quite the effect of driving by the destroyed houses and knowing that others lost valuables, transportation, resources (water, electricity, food, shelter, etc.), and more importantly; their lives.
Here is a link to Yahoo News discussing the most recent tornado.
Tornado kills at least 89 in SW Missouri city - Yahoo! News

Life is not as stable and ongoing as we like to believe, in fact, it's rather temporary. It is impossible to predict how or when death will occur, enjoy life with the time that you have.

In my part of the US, Missouri, we have been hit by an unusually high amount of tornadoes this year.
The destruction is astonishing when you drive by and see the uprooted trees, the caved in houses, and the shattered brick walls.
When you read about this in the news, or see it on T.V., it doesn't have quite the effect of driving by the destroyed houses and knowing that others lost valuables, transportation, resources (water, electricity, food, shelter, etc.), and more importantly; their lives.
Here is a link to Yahoo News discussing the most recent tornado.
Tornado kills at least 89 in SW Missouri city - Yahoo! News

Life is not as stable and ongoing as we like to believe, in fact, it's rather temporary. It is impossible to predict how or when death will occur, enjoy life with the time that you have.

I just moved from there, around 3 months ago... I lived only ~1,000ft. from Rangeline on Newman. My buddy's house got destroyed, and he lost his vehicle. He lived closer to the Hospital, near 20th. My sister-in-law is currently at Freeman helping several victims from St. Johns that got torn up.

What part of Missouri are you in?

Saint Louis area.
I haven't yet seen Joplin in person, but I have driven by Lambert.

Off topic, but i am supposed to be in Branson in October.

That's what this section is for :D
A buddy of mine used to always tell me about the gas station he stopped at. It had a sign that read "We treat you like family because you probably are".
Branson is a nice attraction with nice people, I went there when I was younger with my father to show my distant family around Missouri and the attractions.

Actually the past couple of years have been docile and this is more towards the norm. Usually we are dodging tornadoes down here all the time and the past 3 years or so the thunderstorms have been very panzy like.

Branson has sort of went a little downhill in the past few years, but still a great place to go. They have closed a few amusement parks, due to the economy. "Celebration City" is where my girlfriend used to work at, loved going there, and being able to do anything for free. :D The best part was it was owned by the Silver Dollar City owners, and all employees and their families got **** near everything free. Still great shows around, great little sights to see. They just put in some new ziplines that I want to try.

With the recent storms I hope all TF members who are in the area are OK and if they need assistance please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom