Topics of discussion

Here's a good one. My sister calls me from work and says her IT dept moved her printer while she was on vacation for a few days. She asked them to do it. She carries a laptop and just plugs in the USB cable when she gets there each day. So she calls me in a panic (which I found funny that she called me instead of them). She has several things to print due in 45 minutes from when she calls. She can't print. Ok, let's check the printer and devices. It says "printer offline". Tried to uncheck the option and force it back online. Wouldn't work. She can run copies on it though so it has power. After working on the laptop settings for about 10 minutes I finally get her to recheck the cables and tell her to re-check the cable on the printer end to make sure it was connected. She explains that it comes out of the Ethernet port and goes into her USB port on her laptop....wait from Ethernet to USB....thats a new kind of cable. So after convincing her that wasn't right, she pretty much slapped her forehead and said d'oh! She moved it to the USB port on the printer and it worked fine. Can't believe the IT staff would plug a USB cable end into an ethernet port. LOL

How about making a list of things you would like to discuss here. You know with in the bounds of the policy here.
Just off the top of your head stuff. From the silly to the serious.

This can be little thread where members can have a little rant.

i work as a manager in a retail store . We get a our fair share of difficult customers in here too who either want something for nothing , think they are entitled to free stuff because they have been waiting a minute longer than they would like in a queue or people who have had a hard day at work and decide to take it out on our sales assistants . I am fortunate in respect of the fact that the management team above me recognize the fact that not all customers are good for business and I am confidently able to tell customers not to abuse our people and that they will be refused service if they are rude or abusive towards the sales assistants or the managers for that matter . I am courteous with every customer I come across until they are otherwise with me ,and majority of the time customers are entirely satisfied as we do our best to be as helpful as we can be .

I used to be a supervisor in another shop and their policy was that the customer was always right , this is the kind of place you get a £10 voucher from for complaining , i hated working there because whenever a customer kicked up a fuss the management would listen to and believe these customers over their own people(even junior managers and supervisors) , the people they work with day in day out and the people they have invested so much time and money in training .for that reason staff spent more time tending to the needs of the customers that where prepared to be rude to staff just to keep them from complaining which meant your customers who weren't rude or abusive didn't get as good a service as they should have

Back
Top Bottom