Tomorrow it's Winter!

Already done. Today i could sun myself and do a nice tan, wait till tomorrow..... They are calling for 30's Friday. Good o'le flu weather......

Brrrr, right now it's 24 degrees outside...And I am not a big fan of Winter.

I still have to get me some snow tires for my car, but I have been busy working everyday.

Some people have to work 24/7. I used to and worked nights and weekends too! Was nothing to work say 90+ hours a week! Glad those days are done and gone..Now i wished i had some of that money.......

Long ago in my 20s I worked at a service station. The night crew was fired or they quit so it was the three of us running the station from 6 am to midnight 7 days a week.

The job was on the other side of the city from I lived and a friend ride with me to work. Also the neighbor was our boss at that station too. Lots of times we just sleep in my car and eat at Jim's next door. We only get 6 hrs of sleep so we stayed.

After 3 weeks I asked the boss where's the night crew and he said why? We don't need 'em do we? We're doing fine. That pissed me and my friend off that we walked off.

Since the boss was my neighbor he bitched at me every time he saw me so I just flipped him off.

We had plenty of help. Everyone of our trucks was on the road. Just too much work. We were one of the best companys out there, There were several out there. We covered 5 states and Washington, D.C. After my wife and i split up i would let the fellows with family have the holidays off and i picked up the slack. Made a bunch of money. For more years than i would want to admit. Only the accident in 87 really put the screws to that. I had the health to continue many years before that. I would have retired this year if i had kept up. I did make good money!! over a 1000.00 a week. was guarantee 60 hours a week.It was nothing to get 90+ a week. I bought a van and converted it for me to live in. When i was off i would hit the state and federal parks but it gave me a good home for a few years. I put a lot of miles on that buggy!

Yea, the paycheck was really good and it accumulated since we hardly go anywhere but sleep on spot and eat at Jim's. It was Winter too and the waitress Brandy always put extra cherries in my hot cocoa.

Maybe she likes me. :D

Back
Top Bottom