To upgrade parts or to upgrade a whole new rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bekay523

Beta member
Hello everyone on the tech-forums community. As you can see from the topic I'm torn between upgrading my old computer or just flat out building a new one. The computer I'm using right now is almost 3 years old but can still play a few games at medium settings IE: BFBC2, WoW, FFXI, COD4, MW2, and Fallout 3. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I use the computer mostly for FPS games, browsing the internet and watching tv shows and movies online. If I was to build a new rig my budget is around 800 to 1000 US dollars. I do not need a keyboard,mouse, speakers or monitor. I spent the whole night yesterday browsing through these forums and found a lot of regulars that love to help people with advices. So I appreciate any help on another new rig topic or new parts for my old rig topic :silly:

Old rig setup:
RAM:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400
Hard Drive:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mobo:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor ADA5600CZBOX
GPU:
Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
PSU:
some Corsair 520watt that I dont think newegg sells anymore

p.s. I'm anticipating for the new Final Fantasy 14 MMO so appreciate a build that can play that at max settings with no hiccups or anything. Once again thanks for taking time out to look over my post and helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom