To Rohan

I'll agree to disagree on that one. Hell, Ed has been everything but consistent this season, Granted he had offseason surgery and came back later, He didn't really start to shine until the last few weeks of the season..

Don't get me wrong, Ed is a great safety, Sure..However Ed is a lot more predictable compared to Polamalu..Predictable you can plan and account for, Troy on the other hand, That ain't so easy..You can watch the games and always know where Ed Reed is, Where he's likely to go...Polamalu you have no idea where he's going to be or go with his explosive speed.

But for the sake of argument, they are both MVP safeties.

This thread is awesome..I had no idea there were fellow Steeler's fans in here.

@ Rohan. You have to take a few other things into consideration before judging the outcome of the week 15 game of the Jets and Steelers...For starters, Pittsburgh was out a LOT of key starters...Most notably Troy Polamalu, Heath Miller, etc. Troy Polamalu is arguably the best safety to EVER play the game of football...Just watching the guy play is entertaining. You can NOT teach what he knows, at all. When Troy plays the outcomes of games are almost certainly going to change..Much like he changed the outcome of the game versus the Falcons, Bills and Baltimore Ravens prior to the playoffs. I can almost assure you there would of been a different outcome of that Jets and Steelers game in Week 15 had our team been healthy, and most importantly, Had our most valuable players on the field playing that game.

Now lets talk Playoffs. You have the Jets, and then you have the Steelers. The Steelers have been to and won more Superbowls than ANY team in the entire NFL. Let's take a look at the records below.

New York Jets.

Playoff Appearances (14)
Division championships (4)
Conference championships (1)
SuperBowl Championships (1) Superbowl III

Pittsburgh Steeler's

Playoff appearances (26)
Division championships (20)
Conference championships (7)
Superbowl Champions (6) Superbowl IX, Superbowl X, Superbowl XIII, Superbowl XIV, Superbowl XL, Superbowl XLIII

Now, These stat's to some may not be important, However playing in the playoffs and even more so the Superbowl, The intensity of the game, Atmosphere of a game can and does effect a team....For most, It's intimidating and it shows in a teams play. The Steeler's on the other hand have been to these big dances sooo many times, It's almost like playing homefield advantage. So the Steeler's have a HUGE advantage when it comes to these games.

With all that said, I still think it will be a good game, especially having homefield advantage. You can bet your ass I'll have my #43 jersey on waving my terrible towel and being as loud as I possibly can.
I will too, only mine is a Bettis jersey, signed terrible towel and I'll have a "bad call brick" around just in case....LOL

But anyway, very well explained in your post as to why the Steelers should win this game and be on their way to Dallas. But like I said before, I hope they can get their offensive line straightened out so Ben doesn't take a beating again, 2 games (hopefully) left and we can't afford to have him injured. Good QB protection goes a long way because if you give Ben lots of time he WILL make plays, we all know how he can pump fake and scramble to make things happen. And now we have a reliable kicker if it comes down to that as well so........

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL! HERE WE GO!

Yeah buddy!.......it's going to be a tough game against Green Bay though. It'll be a good one for sure!

I was livid. Tbh, jets owned steelers second half; in spite of rex not throwing the flag a few times when I think he should have.

Next year, maybe. And maybe the yankees will step it up, too :sarcasm:

-htcG2

Back
Top Bottom