To Help Newer members...

I didnt read the rules as soon as i signed up in fact it took be about a year before i read them fully however i never got into any bother .
IMO most of whats in the rules is common sense anyway and members dont need to read it to get on fine with the forum . If someone is rude and flames everyone anyway do you really think its going to make a difference if they have read some rules

As for the moderators i think you guys do a good job , i dont mind editing out swearing seeing as it is against the rules and makes the place look bad .
And most the time i agree with your decisions to close threads for flaming but that is a tricky area and the people who havent been flaming will always be a bit annoyd there however i usually apeciate why you closed the thread

I still haven't read the rules and I've been moderating this forum for well over a year.

It's common sense guys; don't flame, don't post obscenities, try your best to curb your language and don't spam.

It really should not be hard to follow those suggestions. I won't even call them rules as they are simply examples of being polite.

What it all boils down to is: Respect your peers and yourself.

I skim over the rules every once in a while to refresh my memory on them.

IMO,

needs to be enforced a hell of a lot more than it generally is. A mod needs to step in at the start of a flame war and end it then, not wait to see if it will calm itself down. Like make a post in a thread warning members if they flame one more time, its thread locked and potentially the member who flamed gets punished. I've also noticed mods in the past starting a flame war themselves, and / or adding to the fire. No, I'm not talking about Brookfield, I mean the current moderators.

Example of what I want to see more of: What Thelis said in the "Adderall" thread. People appeared to listen to him too.

Yeah I think its a bit of a grey area really because we will always be too strict for some and too lenient for others.

I agree with what Thelis said, the rules here are pretty much standard forum etiquette. If people follow those they shouldn't have a problem

I'm with DL

@Rohan23 : I do kinda like the idea, but i don't like the thought of it coming in and then the flame wars spilling out into the rest of CF, and it inducing aggression. So i suppose thinking practically... i'm against it

Back
Top Bottom