Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD DURON 1300

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
OK, so I just missed the retail 4400+ on Newegg (*kicks self*) because I was buying other parts (*kicks self very hard*), and now all that is available is the OEM. Should I bite?

I know one has the warranty, one doesn't, and I plan to OC 300-500 MHZ 24/7.

Should I just go ahead and buy now, or wait for the retail??

Thanks for voting, please help soon!!

Yan

Make sure to confirm whether or not the OEM even has a stock cooler.

I have a feeling that the OEM just comes with the chip whereas the retail will have a stock heatsink and fan.

If you are buying the OEM, you will want to make sure to buy a separate heatsink and fan since they usually aren't included in an OEM package.

What is the price difference?

If the OEM is much cheaper than the retail (as it should be), then I would definitely say buy the OEM as well as Thermalright's XP-90, an extremely reliable heatsink. If you plan to overclock, then it would definitely be a good buy.

It may turn out to be a better deal that way anyway. You get a much more high quality heatsink for maybe a few dollars more, AND you don't have to wait.

yes but if you use as5 or a aftermarket heatsink say good bye to the warranty I would but oem and make sure you do it almost perfect. :)

also I was looking at the specs of your pc no need to get a lanpart sli just get the ultra and do the pencil mod which turns it into a sli. :) if need being

I have bought the OEM... And the SLI-DR... And a ton more!

I will be getting the rest in a few days to a week!

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom