• AMD ATHLON 1Ghz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD DURON 1300

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dhw200 said:
if ur going to OC, u void the warranty anyway, so...

Exactly. Getting a custom heatsink would reduce the chances of even damaging the chip given the horrible quality of those stock heatsinks.

Well, I have bought the ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

It works for my socket, and it had the best reviews, but better yet, I can give it to my friend with a 3.2 GHz Prescott that is running at a million degrees with a Dell HSF.

Yan

yeah bro, OEM is the way to go, save a few bucks and then put them toward a lolipop or something lol.

I didn't save anything, because I had to buy a seperate heatsink, and the retail heatsink would have been fine until I had the time to install my watercooling rig.

Yan Booth

Ohh...you're going water cooling. In that case, I wouldn't have wasted the extra money on the heatsink, especially when the retail for the 3200+ Venice is like $1 more.

What about the 3200+?

I have bought the damn near top of line AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+.

It works out fine with the good heatsink, because I have family that will be buying a multi media PC, and seeing how the 4400+ simply raped Intel in most dual core testing oriented benches, I can just grab them a 4200+ Manchester, and throw on that heatsink. Coupled with the Cool N' Quiet technology from AMD, it will do very well. Then again, if I don't buy them AMD, its good for LGA 775...

Yan Booth

Yep, pretty HUGE. I have heard it can cause problems with the mobo, but the guy who I read about just took a dremel to it in the few problem spots.

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom