To all you DFI fanboys (a rant) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice! ill look into that, but something bugs me. why does it only have a 350 core clock? my 5600ultra runs that fast and it sorta (well maybe not) has same kinda heatsink.

The step up program is interesting. But considering the price they have on their site for their cards is somewhat "expensive" compared to the retail store price, I highly doubt they are losing money. Whatever card they get back, they can sell back as refurbished.. And the difference is probably made up by the higher price for the stepped up card.. Meh.. It's all a business.. Much like everything else.. I personally won't use the program, but if people do, then its useful I guess.. Less hastle than trying to get rid of your card through ebay and buy a new one from newegg for cheaper than on the eVga site.

P.P. Mguire said:
very nice! ill look into that, but something bugs me. why does it only have a 350 core clock? my 5600ultra runs that fast and it sorta (well maybe not) has same kinda heatsink.
it aint the clock speed that matters so much on these new cards, it's the pipes, memory interface, etc.. you can easily overclock it because of the great cooling if you want.

I skimmed over this really, but yeah........Intels don't OC better.....they simply will generally have huger leaps in clock speed than AMD's but that doesn't necessarily mean squat....400MHz on an Intel would be like a 200MHz for an AMD (not completely accurate, just estimation and for the sake of this arguement)

Also, DFI is THE best...hands down.....ABit is good to, but they didnt do as well as far as top OC'ing boards go this time around compared to DFI has still remained the top performers.......it's mainly due to overall board design, quality, stability, and the kinds of options and tweaking allowed in the BIOS......

As far as I know I don't believe the ABit boards will come anywhere near the 4v allowed for dimm voltage like DFI does, which for BH-5 RAM users that is a godsend.

It's pretty lame for someone to say they dont like something but can't explain why....seems like you're thinking "DFI is the bandwagon and I dont want to join just because....." and thats your reasoning....

The fact remains DFI is the number 1 OC'ing board....it's not just random public blind speculation, it's the widely known and accepted truth.

Nubius said:
I skimmed over this really, but yeah........Intels don't OC better.....they simply will generally have huger leaps in clock speed than AMD's but that doesn't necessarily mean squat....400MHz on an Intel would be like a 200MHz for an AMD (not completely accurate, just estimation and for the sake of this arguement)

Also, DFI is THE best...hands down.....ABit is good to, but they didnt do as well as far as top OC'ing boards go this time around compared to DFI has still remained the top performers.......it's mainly due to overall board design, quality, stability, and the kinds of options and tweaking allowed in the BIOS......

As far as I know I don't believe the ABit boards will come anywhere near the 4v allowed for dimm voltage like DFI does, which for BH-5 RAM users that is a godsend.

It's pretty lame for someone to say they dont like something but can't explain why....seems like you're thinking "DFI is the bandwagon and I dont want to join just because....." and thats your reasoning....

The fact remains DFI is the number 1 OC'ing board....it's not just random public blind speculation, it's the widely known and accepted truth.

BAM!!!

See, what I tell ya? :D

003 said:
Yes, again, by voiding the warrenty.

Not even XFX voided my warranty for using custom crap, completly sanding down the heatsink and AS5.

And XFX are nazi's

Oh and DFI makes intel based board's.

Intel's also are the runs that run hot, not AMD like said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom