Time to switch to v7

patonb

Golden Master
Seems Stanford wants to get v7 mainstreamed, so they/'ve given a4 units a bit of a boost.

So if you are not running v7, its time to do it.

The a4 units are kinda nice, I'm hitting 35-40k vs the 20-25k of a3.

Now to figure out that damn hfm.net working on v7.

5nn8r9.jpg

I can say that it works fine in Win8 RP.

Now to figure out that damn hfm.net working on v7.

Yea, I'm the same, have no Idea. I posted on the Folding Forums that I had downloaded the Console Client from the high proformence downloads section, and I'm averageing 900+ PPD on the Uniprosessor (Not sure if thats relevent) Duel Core with the -smp swich. So I'm curious if it will make any difference to the speed of the WU being prosessed and the PPD. But reguardless its the controbution thats important.

If you look at my screenshot, I got HFM.net working with the V7 client. ;)

all you have to do is get the latest version, click Client>Add Client (V7). There you see the Setup. The Client Name is the name you used during the install of V7. I left mine alone so it was FAHClient. The address is 127.0.0.1, which can be found via the configure aspect of the V7 client. If you specify a password, you type it in. Click OK and away you go. It sets it up for you and viola, works like a charm.

I got it too. Finally. My issue was in remote monitoring things

The trick is to keep the local host too.

Put
127.0.0.1,192.168.1.1-192.168.1.20
in the remote allowed list and the no password list too.

But obviously put your own network range in there.

For me it worked with just putting in the 127.0.0.1 in there cause I am not remote monitoring anything. But yeah it does work. I tried it a couple other ways before I figured it out this way.

Is it essential that I upgrade to Ver. 7 . I've got the 6.34 Consloe Client running on the Lenovo Laptop with 0.9.1 HFM.NET and on the Q6600 I've got the Same running aswell in SMP Mode. Just not suree if it will make a difference and if I should upgrade. I leave the Systems on most of the Time so it means interupting the f@h WU. :confused:

yOU WOULD HAVE TO USER THE flag -oneunit Which will shut down when the work finishes.

It's not essential, but eventually you will have too.

What do you mean Patton, I would have to user the Flag? How do I do that.

Back
Top Bottom